Important notes for applicants
Thank you for applying for a position at Northern Health School. Please ensure you have a copy of the job description and person specifications before completing this application.
- Please complete the form personally.
- Attach your curriculum vitae (CV). If you include written references, please note that we may contact the writers of these references.
- Copies of qualification certificates should be attached. If you are successful in your application you will be required to provide originals as proof of qualifications.
- If you are selected for an interview you may bring whanau/support people at your own expense. Please advise us in advance if this is your intention.
- Failure to complete this application and answer all questions truthfully may result in any offer of employment being withdrawn or appointment being terminated if any information is later found to be false.
- It is a requirement in the education sector for all employees to be vetted.
- Unsuccessful candidates applications submitted by mail and email will be destroyed.
- In terms of a criminal conviction, the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004 provides certain convictions do not have to be disclosed providing:
- you have not committed any offence within seven (7) consecutive years of being sentenced for the offence and
- you did not serve a custodial sentence at any time (this would exclude serious offences such as murder, manslaughter, rape and causing serious bodily harm) and
- the offence was not a specified offence (specified offences are in the main sexual in nature) and
- you have paid any fine or costs
- Custodial sentences include a sentence of preventive detention and corrective training. Non-custodial sentences include fines, reparation orders, community-based sentences and suspended sentences. Please note that you are not obliged to disclose convictions if you are an eligible individual but can do so if you wish. If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible, please contact the Ministry of Justice.